Patients and families
The Community Palliative Care Services in the Hume Region can assist in providing access to after hour’s telephone advice and support to clients, families and carers who are registered with the services and receiving palliative care at home.
The telephone advice service operates outside of normal business hours, weekends and public holidays.
GV Hospice Care Service provides direct afterhours advice to their patients, families and carers.
Five community palliative care services in the Hume Region have an agreement with Caritas Christi Hospice to provide after hour’s telephone advice.
The services are,
- Benalla Health Palliative Care Service
- Lower Hume Palliative Care Service (Seymour Health)
- Moira Palliative Care Service (NCN Health)
- Northeast Health Wangaratta Palliative Care Service
- Wodonga Palliative Care Service (Albury Wodonga Health)
The Community Palliative Care Services assist clients, families and carers with afterhours planning, education and information at the time of commencement with the palliative care service. The afterhours advice line provides additional support if needed.